Essendant Assistant Operations Manager(8am) in Suwanee, Georgia
Accountable for learning all aspects of the GOM position and developing to a level of proficiency to assume a GOM level position. Accountable for managing one or more functions within a facility as assigned. Accountable to help other distribution facilities within the United network as needed and participating and leading continuous improvement high performance teams.
- Assist the GOM in managing overall facility efficiency including: safety, productivity, operating expense, LPH, quality and resource allocation
- Allocates and manages operation’s resources/roles based on operation’s and budgetary targets and customer expectations
- Interacts with Sales and other functions to resolve customer issues and ensure profitability.
- Drives positive associate relations built on the 8 Pillars Associate Relations model through utilization of established planning and communication models
- Drives a high-performance organization through:
- Contributing to region strategic direction through tactical implementation of key projects and initiatives in the facility
- Aligning the culture of the facility to the overall company strategy and structure
- Supporting local project/WOW teams and making fact based decisions.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendants' Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, change management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, achieve results and foster strong customer service orientation.
- High degree of initiative, team building and dedication to effective positive change.
- Intermediate computer skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Loyal:Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Functional Expert:Considered a thought leader on a subject
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Entrepreneurial Spirit:Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Financial:Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Bachelors or better
5 years:5 years relevant experience
Posted: January 18, 2018