BCD Travel Global Account Manager - Corporate Travel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Global Account Manager - Corporate Travel
Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned client portfolio of global corporate travel account(s) to include but not limited to client retention, contract negotiation, implementation and business consolidation, sales of products and services, financials (budgets, billing, payment and profitability), business planning and reviews, establishing relationships with key decision makers in multiple regions, staff development, business continuance and escalation of operational issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination of all central communication across regions both BCD Travel and client's global initiatives or interests.
- Work with Regional and Local Account Managers to create supporting regional business plans/initiatives to support the global plan.
- Demonstrate and communicate the value that BCD Travel provides to the client.
- Formulate and manage multi-national business plan with client with the goal of increasing revenues, decreasing cost, better utilizing assets and reducing risk of client attrition.
- Create and manage business improvement plans, as required.
- Crisis Management responsibility plans and tools.
Manage new business implementations:
- Develop sales strategy for non-participating countries
- Work closely with BCD Travel partners/affiliates in countries servicing the client or with sales opportunities
- Oversee the implementation of new business, working closely with global implementation team to ensure customer expectations are met.
Establish and maintain relationships:
- Responsible for overall relationship with client at multi-national level.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customer decision makers at all levels within the customer organization, including introduction of BCD Travel senior management to customer.
- Negotiate client contract terms and manage to all contractual terms.
- Up-sell and cross-sell products and services that meet client's needs.
- Introduce consulting services to enhance program.
Operational and Global Reporting Requirements:
- Owner of overall service delivery strategy.
- Identifies opportunities to use global technology tools and new processes.
- Communicates customer operations requirements to all owned, partner and affiliate servicing locations.
- 5+ yrs travel industry experience in account management role
- Experience implementing & managing large market/ global corporate travel clients
- Thorough knowledge of business travel management
- Thorough knowledge of travel industry technology
- Strong business knowledge
- Effective communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally on regular basis
- College / University degree preferred
- Second language preferred
- 8+ years experience in travel industry
- Experience managing cross functional work teams
- Knowledge of BCD Travel Products and Services
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled