Stanley Black and Decker Director of Connected Solution Development & Engineering in Marietta, Georgia
*_About Us:_* CribMaster™, part of Stanley Black & Decker’s Engineered Fastening division, is aimed at connecting assets and developing the solutions that drive productivity and efficiency for industrial end users across the globe. The combination of critical real time data, integrated enterprise (ERP) or manufacturing (MES) systems and powerful analytics enables a foundation to create the smart factory and workplace of the future – delivering value through Internet of Things (IoT).
CribMaster™, provides inventory control solutions through advanced software, innovative vending hardware, Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) and customer services to manufacturing, distribution, government and service industries for managing indirect inventory (tools, spare parts, MRO, etc). CribMaster (http://www.cribmaster.com/) ties fast and reliable tool crib or store room transactions to a powerful system of inventory control. The system provides critical data to manage consumable and durable inventory, reduce the risk for lost or misplaced tools, and provide critical data to business leaders to reduce risk of tools being lost or left behind, reduce costs and increase productivity.
Position Summary In this role, the Director of Connected Solution Development & Engineering will drive scalable and market leading integrated inventory management and asset tracking solutions. They will also be responsible for leading the development of connected software and hardware solutions, working with product managers and owners to turn vision into reality.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead systems engineering design, architecture, development, delivery, source code and technical product documentation, quality assurance, and change management for new product development and sustainment.
Direct the development of a new software platform and customer conversion effort while directly sustaining a legacy platform with internal and contracted resources.
Plan and ensure deliverables meet schedules, standards, best practices, and cost/budget, incorporating digital security, industry certifications, IT, and other dependencies into project plans and ensure alignment of delivery.
Develop a strong team, ensuring key talent is acquired and retained; Mentoring and growing the team for outperformance.
- Mature and continuously improve an agile development methodology and framework in tandem with hardware solution design and development. Ensure processes are optimized to balance management of risk and speed of delivery.
- Employ leading design principles, ensuring solutions are designed for maintainability, scalability, availability, flexibility and security.
- Implement test-driven development processes, with a high degree of automation.
- Ensure software is delivered with excellent quality.
- Stay abreast of the latest software and hardware technology and capabilities across various platforms.
- Facilitate integration with 3rd party products and services, and ensure scalability and uptime.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ hands-on software development experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on connected hardware development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant mobile software development
- Experience leading hardware and software teams of 7 or more people.
- Deployment of multiple applications into Apple and Android app stores.
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Must have a strong public presence with the talent to present.
- Proven success with an enterprise software refactoring project, software rewrite project, and customer conversion project
- Deep knowledge of computing hardware design and embedded systems software, and development experience for connected products
- Direct experience with modern software design principles and technologies, including development for web and environments and mobile applications.
- Deep practitioner of Scrum and Agile and how to help teams perform and scale, especially with integrated hardware and software solutions.
- Demonstrated success maturing automation for Continuous Innovation/Delivery, QA, and DevOps.
- Direct expertise in REST/JSON APIs and message bus technologies
- Solid working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Demonstrated proficiency with:
- Embedded systems, GUI, microprocessor
- RFID, RTLS Systems
- RFID, RTLS, and other wireless communication standards
- .NET, Xamarin
- Linux and RTOS OS
- Digital IoT Platforms, Analytics, Machine Learning
- C, C++, Java, Node.js, Angular
- Web sockets, MQTT
- Public keys, private keys, KPI’s
- Encryption / decryption techniques and securing data
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to drive innovation through a complex organization.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, inspire, and motivate high performing cross-functional teams.
- Highly experienced in managing 3rd parties and negotiating contracts.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically.
Preferred Skills & Experiences
- Integrations with ERP Systems – SAP, Maximo, and Salesforce.COM
- Experience developing IoT and smart connected products.
- Experience developing multi-tenant architectures for SaaS and on premise delivery
- Experience in IoT industry
- Working experience with leading IoT Platforms (e.g., ThingWorx/PTC, Amazon IoT, and/or ClearBlade)
- Deep involvement in technology community
- Inventory/asset tracking experience
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 51709BR
Business: US - SEF Global Ind