Yancey Bros.co Technician Trainee in Dacula, Georgia
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Do you have a natural knack for fixing and repairing things? Do you have a great work ethic and like being a team player? Are you looking to start a Career – instead of just having a job? If you’re looking for a solid, life long career that will earn you a great paycheck and provide you continual learning, Yancey Bros. has a Technician Trainee Program that will give you exactly what you’re looking for!
What Will the Technician Trainee Program do for Me?
- During the program you will be paired with an experienced Diesel Technician and rotate into different areas of our operation. Each rotation is approximately 60 – 90 days where you will assist with the work being done. This will allow a great deal of on the job training while you also learn about our procedures and culture.
- Upon completion of your first rotation, your skills will be evaluated and technical training classes (Engines, Hydraulics, Electrical, etc.) will be determined based on your needs. Training classes take place at our headquarters in Austell, GA. After your first rotation, a comprehensive tool set / tool box will be provided for use and after a period of time the tools and tool box are yours to keep!
- Depending on your experience level when starting the program, you will go through 3 rotations which occur in our shops and in some cases on customer job sites. You will gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals, of how things work and begin to create an understanding of logical troubleshooting and the methodology of performing timely and correct repairs.
- The program will build your technical confidence through a comprehensive program of hands-on and academic orientated training, combined with real-time assessments in actual shop and work settings. This will provide experience, while you work.
You may have experience from high school automotive classes, military training, college or trade school diesel technician classes or you may just have the mechanical aptitude and great work ethic that is required. All candidates that have mechanical aptitude and a great work ethic and team mentality are welcome to apply! No previous industry experience is required.
All entry level Trainees earn a base wage of $14.00 per hour. Additional experience and skills may warrant a higher base wage.
- 18 years of age or older
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Meet Yancey employment requirements. All mechanical testing, background checks, driving record checks and drug screening will be conducted.
Requisition Number: 18-0091
Title: Technician Trainee