Precision Roll Grinders, Inc. Mechanic in Carrollton, Georgia
*Range: *$14.00 - $20.00 / hour
Precision Roll Grinders, Inc. is the industry leader for world-class, high-accuracy grinding of rolls, cylindrical components and shafts of virtually all weights, sizes and compositions. At PRG, grinding, repairs, new coatings and new rolls are our primary business. PRG has facilities located in Allentown, PA, Carrollton, GA, Lewisport, KY and Texarkana, AR. Our highly skilled workforce, as well as state-of-the-art equipment, is the pride of our company. Our customers have come to rely upon our high quality work and stellar customer service.
PRG offers a very competitive compensation and exceptional benefits package, including medical, prescription drug, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401k with company contribution, flexible spending accounts, educational assistance, employee assistance program, holidays, and vacation.
- Signs necessary paperwork indicating work has been completed to specifications.
- Reads Process Sheet and shop paperwork to determine specifications.
- Disassembles and repairs the necessary parts on the customer equipment using the appropriate tools. This may include: drilling, tapping, using a torch, cleaning and removing bearings, and cleaning parts.
- Reassembles equipment to customer specifications.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Conforms to safety and inspection requirements.
- Performs routine maintenance procedures.
- Provides personal tools per required tool list.
- Signs off on paperwork for responsibility on work personally completed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to work any shift as required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude, millwright / mechanic experience, good working knowledge of and experience with hand powered tools.
- Some knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, oxy/acetylene, stick welding and electricity is desired.
- Some welding experience, knowledge of metal cutting torches, use of lift trucks and overhead cranes is required.
- Some experience moving rolls on above listed equipment is desired.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds and able to stand for up to 12 hours.
- Overtime and weekend work required.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
Precision Roll Grinders is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include resume.
Location: Carrollton, GA
Post Date: 9/07/17