IHG Senior Network Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Recommend a friend - Band 6 USD
Do you see yourself as the Senior Systems Engineer for the Americas Information Technology team?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Responsible for the design, engineering, implementing, deploying, monitoring, analysis, documentation, maintenance, and problem resolution of domestic and international network facilities. Escalate critical or chronic operational network issues with vendors, escalate the issues with vendors or partners as appropriate and initiates actions to further improve efficiency of support functions or network performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
· Participate in design, architecture, and engineering activities in identifying, building, implementing, and deploying new networking solutions at the data centers and at all corporate locations, including CROs.
· Provide technical support for ongoing network activities including upgrades of network components, new network installations, and network documentation.
· Primarily responsible for network project strategy, design, and deployment.
· Design, procure, deploy, and implement Cisco datacenter switching, routing, F5 LTM and
GTM, and Checkpoint firewalls as required.
· Working knowledge of F5 imish cli and routing protocols
· Advanced GTM GSLB methodologies, ie: Topology, Global Availability, etc.
· Ability to manage and troubleshoot GTM mesh, ie: iquery, iqdump, big3d daemon
· Working knowledge of GTM datacenters, servers, server probes, pools, etc.
· Advanced F5 Viprion VCMP knowledge and resource provisioning
· Ability to configure and apply ASM/AFM policies to specific VIPs as required via the SOC
· Knowledge surrounding Analytics profiles as well as tcpdump commands
· Respond to network problems escalated from the network operatorations and engineers
and follows through to resolution; also provide consultative expertise to other groups within IT to resolve general system support issues
· Maintain knowledge of national and international network standards as well as the activities of the organizations defining those standards and the impact on strategic global network direction.
· Evaluate the impact of proposed or required changes (internally and by vendors) especially in the areas of hardware, software, performance, maintenance, and cost; provide recommendations to management with an impact assessment.
· Provide technical direction and training to more junior level network engineers
· Provide technical consultation in new systems development and enhancement of existing systems related to network requirements.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Cisco, Checkpoint, F5 certifications preferred.
8 years progressive work related experience in network system architectures with demonstrated mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple discipline/processes related to the position. At least five years of experience in large deployments of load balancers (F5 LTM, GTM, and Viprion platform). Typically leads/mentors less experienced staff or complex projects in area of expertise.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
· Demonstrated proficiency in the implementation and maintenance of global integrated network systems.
· Demonstrated technical knowledge of network technologies:
Operating Systems/Applications – Windows, Linux
Communications/Protocols –TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, IPSEC VPN, OSPF, BGP, VPC, etc.
Hardware – Cisco Routers, switches, Cisco NEXUS, Checkpoint firewalls, F5 Load Balancers (LTM/GTM)
· Demonstrated knowledge of system integration issues.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
· This position has a significant impact to deliver assigned Network Engineering projects.
· This position has a moderate impact on project costs, schedule, and quality levels of IT development projects.
· Decisions or recommendations, or failure to complete projects could result in delays with considerable expenditure of time, human resources, or funds.
Internal Key Relationships –
This position will work closely with client management, IT development teams, support teams, data center resources, IT management to discuss projects, provide recommendations on improvement opportunities and operating and financial performance. Provide technical direction and training to more junior level network engineers.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online"and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Job: Executive / Corporate
Requisition ID: R141243