Comcast Manager, Marketing Expense & Ad Hoc in Alpharetta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing, gathering, analyzing, and interpreting information about a market, product, or service to be offered in that market, and the past, present, and potential customers for the product or service. Reviews and produces research into the characteristics, spending habits, location and needs of the business's target market, the industry as a whole, and its competitors. Manages teams which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assists in development, and meeting departmental budget.
- Manages and guides Marketing Research Analysts and Representatives within the Market Research & Planning team.
- Works with the VP, Director, and cross-functional VPs and Directors in creation and implementation of research training modules.
- Manages the execution of research projects and provides reports/summaries of findings.
- Interprets market research data, analyzes market and product trends, customer insights, and strategy, and makes recommendations to business based on findings.
- Assists to perform periodic performance reviews and provides feedback, coaching, and disciplinary action.
- Identifies and stays current on new trends and seeks new ways to utilize research to support Company initiatives.
- Oversees the research of target markets, ratings, and market responses to programs and campaigns.
- Manages market research budget.
- Works with divisions and regions to design data collection methods and analysis processes.
- Oversees vendor management and works to ensure that consistent quality control and project objectives are met.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Provides ad hoc reporting and analysis to support fast paced Sales and Marketing organization
- Provides budget and forecasting support to Sales and Marketing organizations
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Subject Matter expert in the area of Comcast Sales and Marketing Operations
- Familiar with Tableau, essbase and Cognos development tools
- Deep understanding of SQL and Teradata required
Job Specification :
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer