Quest Diagnostics Scientist, Forensic (P/T - Evenings) - Tucker, GA in Tucker, Georgia
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Scientist, Forensic - Tucker, GA.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday (off Sun/Mon), 5pm - 9:30pm, Day Shift
Part-time, 20 hours weekly
*Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3780647
JBasic Purpose: The Forensic Scientist I works within the Forensic Toxicology Laboratory and cooperates with and responds to direction from the Supervisor and/ or Group Lead on achieving work objectives. This position reports to and is managed and evaluated by the Department Supervisor. This position is responsible for all aspects of testing of donor specimens including specimen preparation and instrument operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain chain of custody of forensic specimens and follow approved sample handling procedures.
- Maintain competency in the following areas: follow all written procedures in departmental SOP, prepare and verify performance of all new reagents, ensure that all required calibrators and quality control samples are included in each batch, demonstrate good analytical technique with minimal failed loads, capable of performing routine maintenance of equipment utilized in area of responsibility, capable of programming sequence table for sample analysis, capable of basic data review.
- Maintain legible and complete documents.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Perform and document checks of temperature dependent equipment.
- Participate in completion of method and/or instrument validation studies to quality standards.
- Participate in validation of new calibrators, controls and new or modified analytical procedures.
- Maintain acceptable productivity & quality levels, and notify Supervisor and/or Group Lead of equipment or production problems.
- Complete assigned continuing education activities and competency verification checks.
- Follow the direction of the Supervisor and/or Group Lead and adhere to all company and department policies.
- Complete all required quality control and quality assurance documentation related to job function.
- Follow work schedule as defined by the Supervisor.
- Maintain professional work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Qualifications: Education Preferred: Bachelor of Science or Art degree with a minimum of fifteen (15) semester hours in Chemistry, fifteen (15) semester hours in Biology, and three (3) semester hours of Mathematics; or applicable regulatory requirements Work Experience:
Minimum of one (1) year laboratory experience preferred
Knowledge of methods and procedures used by the laboratory preferred Physical and Mental:
Ability to perform routine and repetitive motions, such as pipetting
Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time Other: N/A
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation.
Job Title: Scientist, Forensic (P/T - Evenings) - Tucker, GA
Job ID: 3780647
Location: 1777 Montreal Circle
Full/Part Time: Part-Time