WS Packaging Group, Inc. Rewinder in Peachtree City, Georgia
3rd shift position: Training will be on 1st shift
Finish printed product to meet or exceed customer expectations and to serve as the last set of eyes in the production area to remove unacceptable product. Responsible for completing position functions in ways that are efficient, effective and quality conscious.
- Inspect and rewind or finish in-line (ship from Press & one-piece flow) final product, meeting customer specifications and guidelines.
- Assist other operators in troubleshooting.
- Package finished rolls, labels, or tags per customer specifications using dispenser boxes, polybags, cartons, etc.
- Use auxiliary pieces of equipment such as fan folder, b-bunch, small roll turret, sheeter, friction feeder, shrink-wrapper, scale, core cutter and label maker.
- Lift and position roll of paper in feed mechanism, using hoist or electric lift.
- Maintain work center equipment in good working order. Perform operator preventive maintenance on equipment as outlined in JTA manual and Friday Night Clean-up Checklists. Report equipment problems immediately and fill out work orders as necessary.
- Review jacket and samples prior to finishing, ensuring full understanding of finishing requirements of the order.
- Removes any labels with problems.
- Work closely with the packer assigned to your machine to help with making boxes, taping boxes, and packing boxes.
- Review jobs to ensure correct components are available at the point of use and delivered based on production needs.
- Review job tickets and verify material, inks, and dies are available and used as specified
- Aide press in any way necessary to minimize downtime
- During slow periods seek additional work and assist other team members.
- Seek to improve the finishing process through, recommending equipment enhancement, process improvements and procedure changes.
- Ensure 6S visual scans are completed as well as 6S standards followed thru sustainment activities.
- Assist in participating in Root Cause Countermeasure activities to identify areas where improvement is needed and put a plan in motion to address those areas.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED and/or equivalent knowledge and experience. Equivalent knowledge and experience is considered.
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and order picker (will be trained).
- Strong mathematical, measurement calculation knowledge and experience and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
- Strong initiative, problem-solving, and resourcefulness.
- Practice & sustain Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop, bend, and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area and continuously grasp product from a conveyor for up to 12 hours (4 hours at a time due to breaks). Moderate to frequent walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs (20 lbs repetitively) is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close & distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and ability to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition Number: 17-0754
City: Peachtree City
Post Date: 9/15/2017
Shift: 3rd Shift