Siemens Proposal Manager - Factory Automation in Norcross, Georgia
Proposal Manager - Factory Automation
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 207822
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens Industry – Factory Automation business unit has a Proposal Manager position available focused on specific strategic account(s). The application engineer is the technical lead for developing solutions and approaches as well as supporting the identified account(s).
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
Acts as a primary resource for developing and maintaining Request for Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) data repository of customer ready content using templates and relevant tools
· Coordinates with Product Management, Marketing, Business Development and Pre-Sales subject matter experts to develop & obtain relevant, accurate and appropriate information to be used in the construction of detailed responses to new and atypical questions.
Produce RFI/RFP documents in various styles and tones appropriate to project objectives and target media.
· Contribute to ongoing team effort of creating and distributing best practice information on improved proposal cycle process.
Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and product prototypes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Familiarity with industrial automation systems (Siemens knowledge is a plus)
· Experience in developing technical proposals using appropriate application software tools
· Experience working with sales teams and proposal development teams is a plus.
· Ability to work to strict deadlines.
· Must be a self-starter possessing a high degree of initiative, attentive to details, demonstrating the ability to work independently and the ability to efficiently organize/prioritize within various teams.
· Must be a proactive team player; have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
· The candidate must be able to use tact and good judgment as well as be trusted with confidential company information.
· Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills.
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other MS Office applications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong grammar and proofreading skills.
· Ability to quickly assimilate new information regarding specific product and technical topics.
· Ability to work with little supervision as well as ability to request leadership escalation when necessary.
· Ability to communicate effectively on unfamiliar topics to elicit technical and program information necessary to answer client questions.
· Familiarity with database repository tools and/or sites with the concept of personalization and customization based on customer or prospect requirements.
· Familiarity with eRFP sourcing tools to assist with delivery of a proposal.
· BS in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
· Typically 10 years of relevant experience
· Travel 25%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives
Strategic Agility: Is future oriented. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can create competitive and
breakthrough strategies and plans. Strong in influencing without control
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks
Business acumen: Knows how business works and is aware how the strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends and information affecting the business
Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization. Is able to work effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities
Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and services
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .