Siemens Financial Analyst in Norcross, Georgia
Job Family: Finance
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 208202
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Systems business segment is seeking a Financial Analyst to support the financial activities of the business. Responsibilities include supporting budgeting & forecasting, month-end close, booking & sales trend analysis, and reporting Financial Statements. The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and previous work experience of 2-3 years. The analyst must have good communication skills for collaboration with operations, business unit and marketing groups.
• Support preparation of monthly forecast and annual business plans
• Coordinate with Marketing and Business group to develop bookings & sales forecast as well as multiple sales incentive programs for customers
• Prepare journal entries for Sales Incentives Program accruals
• Validate and reconcile monthly bookings and backlog
• Participate in the month-end closing process
• Evaluate data and analyze trends in bookings, sales, margins, general business conditions and other related areas to make recommendations to improve business performance
• Coordinate Sales Consensus meeting with Product Management, Marketing, and Business Segment
• Support LOA (Limitation of Authority) process. Updating and analyzing cost used in the quotation process. Auditing projects to ensure adherence to Siemens Guidelines and reviewing proposed Terms and Conditions compared to Siemens Standard T&C’s.
• Support Ad hoc requests as needed to drive organizational performance
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 2 to 3 years experience in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting & reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Possess good communication skills (verbal & written)
• Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Ambitious self-starter needing minimum daily guidance
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .