Turner Broadcasting Sr Director, Development and Acquisitions in Miami, Florida
Posting Job Title Sr Director, Development and Acquisitions
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Programming
United States - Florida - Miami
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
/ Our Story
TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
Lead and design strategic long-range business plans regarding the acquisition and development or original content. Provide support to the content acquisition team in securing the necessary rights to implement the content goals within the budgetary goals presented to the team.
What will you be doing?
- Lead planning team in the annual negotiation of availability list, per title allocation of runs, cost allocation amongst Networks and the creation of an annual budget outlook
- Contribute to evaluation of original content for prospective acquisition
- Analyze library use and performance and harness such analysis towards acquisition recommendations by identifying growth opportunities
What do we require from you?
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in the TV industry with focus on content analysis and planning
- 5 years’ experience managing people and processes and delivering results in a high-pressure environment
- Understanding of television programming in general and Turner channel portfolio identities in particular
- Comprehensive view of the global TV market and trends
- Knowledge of TV project landscape
- Understanding of TV content practices and legal requirements for content airing in Latin America markets
Experience in strategic analysis and planning, workflow design and presentations to internal clients. But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.