DeKalb Medical Pharmacist Clinical in Lithonia, Georgia
The Clinical Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to DeKalb Medical patients through integrated drug distribution, clinical services, research, and teaching. The Clinical Pharmacist may provide patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations.
Responsible for providing specialized pharmaceutical services to improve drug usage and therapeutic outcomes including, but not limited to: advising physicians on issues concerning drug therapy, the inherent toxicity of drugs and their side effects, as well as assisting in the prescribing of appropriate doses.
Accountable for accounting for pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic variations in drug absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination with responsibility for establishing and continually improving the delivery of Pharmaceutical Care to patients within areas of direct responsibility and assisting others in the department with the same.
May conduct and participate in research including, but not limited to, performing as the primary investigator or co-investigator for research programs which will impact the delivery of quality care or examine the pharmaco-economic impact of providing care to the patients at DeKalb Medical.
Participates in the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee for DeKalb Medical.
Responsible for planning, organizing and monitoring adverse drug reactions (ADR), drug utilization evaluation (DUE) and pharmacy interventions.
Responsible for the preparation, compounding, and dispensing of all drugs issued by the pharmacy and the related record keeping.
Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed competencies. Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and activities.
Participates in supporting the organization’s vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical.
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
· Graduate of accredited school of pharmacy with Pharm D “preferred” or BS Pharmacy
· Current unrestricted Georgia Pharmacist License.
· Participates in education programs and keeps abreast of current trends, issues, information and techniques in pharmacy.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Must be computer literate with pharmacy systems and MS Word
· Proficient in typing
· Able to perform pharmacy math calculations,
· Proficient in English
· Possess the ability to relate appropriately to patients, staff and physicians.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Possess personal qualities such as caring, understanding, respect, judgment, and integrity.
· Must be able to communicate effectively by speaking clearly and in front of groups.
· Demonstrates tact, versatility, and adaptability.
· Able to work under pressure.
· Demonstrates high degree of self-motivation and initiative. Functions independently.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to use computers.
· Positive and consistent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to demonstrate objective, critical thinking skills.
· Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
· Demonstrates and maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
Posting Job Title: Pharmacist Clinical
Department: 307303 - Pharmaceutical Services/ED
Other Shift: 11:00am - 10:30pm
Days of the Week for Employee: 7 On / 7 Off
Street: 2801 DeKalb Medical Pkwy
Posted on Monster: Yes
External Company URL: www.dekalbmedicalcenter.org