Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) VMWare Administrator in Lawrenceville, Georgia
VMware Administrator Needed!
Should have core knowledge of VMware 6.0 or higher using Virtual Center for administration.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate technical experience with daily activities in the field of Server Hardware and Networking. Candidates should be well versed in Planning, Implementation, Administration and troubleshooting issues involved with platforms across a variety of OS servers including Microsoft Windows and Red Hat.
• Install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere environment: vCenter, App-V, Site Recovery Manager (SRM), virtual machines, datastore creation and maintenance
• Configure vSphere Distributed Switch (VDS), VMware NSX, VMware Distributed Resource Scheduling, High Availability and Fault Tolerance
• Provide advance troubleshooting support and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure with various OS platforms such as Microsoft 2003, 2008 & 2012)
• Build and troubleshooting experience with ESXi Servers, VM ROBO, vSAN, and vCenter manager
• Extensive understanding of networking concepts, (IE. Configuration of networks, TCP/IP, VPN, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel virtual networking, wireless networks & Cloud (computing Concepts), multiple security compliance environment
• Update and patch virtual machines within the enterprise
• Develop, automate and implement operation best practices for the virtualization environment
• Follow policies and procedures for Change and Incident Management
• Document virtualization environment and keep documents updated per the configuration management plan
• Ensure ongoing operation of systems/applications through troubleshooting, scheduling/monitoring jobs and technology-related business processes, and end user support as needed
• Understanding of Storage Architecture, SAN environment and Health-performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture
• Understanding of security best practices for multi-tiered operating systems
• Technical written and verbal communication skills (technical writing)
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
• VMware Certified Professional and MCP are desired but not required
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience working with VMware servers in a production environment