Turner Broadcasting Web Developer- TBS & TNT in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Web Developer- TBS & TNT
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
What will you be doing?
- Develop web and mobile dynamic and data driven solutions.
- Perform web development, template development, testing, debugging, integration, documentation and deployment in accordance with industry best practices.
- Participate in workflow design and analyze existing production and implementation processes in order to ensure scalable solutions.
- Consistently meet or exceed deadlines on projects. Assist in maintaining operational queue.
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
- Work with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of development and maintenance assignments (e.g. business development, database development, web designers, end-user training).
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical or workflow / process improvements.
- Provide on-call support as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- 3-5 years experience developing websites for business purposes.
- Experience with large-scale database-driven web development.
- Strong PHP Web application development and support experience, including planning for load, QA and database interaction. Drupal development experience important.
- Thorough understanding of the web and web browsers, their capabilities and limitations.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Proven experience working in a team of developers on successful high-profile, high-visibility web projects with advanced caching technologies.
- Development experience with Drupal, Object Oriented Design, Automation, Unix shell scripting, XSLT.
- 1-2 years of mobile web site development.
- Experience in all phases of web site development and maintenance life cycle.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.