Internal Revenue Service SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST** TEMP NTE 6 MONTHS MAY BE EXTENDED , MAY BE MADE PERM** in Atlanta, Georgia
About the Agency
WHAT DOES A FRONTLINE MANAGER DO?As a Front Line Manager, first level supervisor, you will be responsible for assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of subordinate employees. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques for planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations, planning and carrying out the training and development of employees, evaluating employees' work performance, and in performing all other related administrative functions. Generally, you will direct the work operations of subordinates performing administrative, complex clerical, technical and/or work comparable in nature. The functions, activities, and services provided may have limited geographic coverage and support activities within specific agency program segments.
WHAT IS THE RETURN PREPARER OFFICE? The Return Preparer Office is designed to improve taxpayer compliance by providing oversight of and services to tax professionals. The office ensures Tax Professionals apply for or renew their Preparer Tax Identification Number. The office also provides guidance regarding the voluntary Annual Filing Season Program which allows return preparers to obtain a Record of Completion indicating that they have met IRS-approved continuing education requirements. By partnering with our Tax Professionals, together we accomplish the mission of the Internal Revenue Service.
(1) Position is FLM, in Return Preparer Suitability, Group 1 and is located at 401 W. Peachtree St. Atlanta, GA (GA0087).
As a FrontLine Manager you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit, and recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes, and/or to increase the quality of the work directed. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
- Occasional Travel
- 1 To 5 NIGHTS PER MONTH MAY BE REQUIRED.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
IRS employees on Career or Career Conditional Appointments in the Competitive Service.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement. BASIC REQUIREMENTS (FRONTLINE MANAGER): You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight;
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled;
- Knowledge of basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources); and
Knowledge of communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account” tab and clicking on “Application Status.” For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on “more information.” Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Review our benefits
POSITION DESCRIPTION: 92313 A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at : https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*:*
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- New managers will serve a one-year probationary period if selected. Failure to satisfactorily complete the supervisory probationary period will result in return to a non-supervisory position at or below the grade of the position in which probation is being served.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474481400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-28
Salary: $90,023 to $117,028 / per year
Pay scale & grade: IR 05
Series: 0343 Management And Program Analysis
Appointment type: TEMP NTE 6 MONTHS MAY BE EXTENDED MAY BE MADE PERMANENT WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION.
Work schedule: FULL TIME
Job announcement number: 17CE2-RPM0272-0343-05-AB
Control number: 474481400