Turner Broadcasting Spring 2018 Intern - CNN Photo Desk in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Spring 2018 Intern - CNN Photo Desk
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
- CNN Photos engages audiences across platforms and enhances storytelling by showcasing photography that is unique, dynamic and informative.
- We spotlight the best pictures and photo stories from around the world while establishing the CNN brand in the photojournalism community.
What will you be doing?
- Our Intern will work with the Photography Department for CNN Digital in addition to develop imagery for larger projects.
- Produce photo galleries and essays for CNN Digital and CNN Photos blog.
- Gather and create relevant images, graphics, and other interactive elements to enhance stories, as requested by assignment producers, the design department, editorial, and other staff members.
Perform research to support staff members in producing stories What do we need from you?
Experience with Photoshop, PhotoMechanic.
- College students with Web Portfolio that demonstrates skill level and effective communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate the following: Teamwork, industry knowledge (photography and journalism), desire to learn, and creativity majoring in photography/journalism with a minor or some experience editing photography, journalism, media communication preferred.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Spring 2018 program dates are January 22ndthrough April 20th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.