Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Secretary (Office Automation) in Atlanta, Georgia
About the Agency
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is composed of a highly motivated and diverse team dedicated to the agency's mission - to eradicate employment discrimination. Come join us and make a difference.
You will serve as a personal assistant to the Regional Attorney, performing a variety of administrative and clerical support functions auxiliary to the work of the office. Additionally, you are responsible for ensuring and coordinating the smooth flow of work and correspondence within the office with other clerical support staff.
As the Secretary (OA) for a Regional Attorney, you will perform the following duties:
- Develop and monitor the Regional Attorney's schedule.
- Make arrangements for conferences and meetings and inform participants of agenda.
- Prepares and assembles background data for agenda items.
- Arrange meetings, official agency functions, issue invitations, and ensure all details are covered and provisions made protocol requirements
- Arrange travel for the Regional Attorney and his senior staff, schedules transportation, make room reservations, prepares travel authorizations, itineraries, and prepares travel voucher; establish and maintain filing system for confidential materials, a variety of documents and other information which involve highly sensitive or controversial issues.
- Draft and prepares routine correspondence, transmittals and other documents for appropriate signature ensuring the use of correct punctuation, grammar, spelling, capitalization, and office formats.
- Create and maintain automated system for tracking incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Track, maintain and organize records and documents in accordance with established office procedures.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Status Candidates
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- US Citizenship
- Typing Proficiency
- Relevant experience (See Qualifications below)
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must register with the Selective Service
In order to be considered qualified at the GS-7 grade level, you must demonstrate, in your resume and responses to questions, at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 level managing and developing specific procedures and systems, such as filing, scheduling correspondence and communications within the immediate office.
Your application will be evaluated on the following Core Competencies: GS-07
- Knowledge of and ability to coordinate and manage the administrative/clerical work of an office.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience using MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and other software.
- Skill at managing and developing specific procedures and systems, such as filing, scheduling correspondence and communications within the immediate office.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to organize data and records.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g, professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualification Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Review our benefits
- Current federal employees must meet Time-In-Grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year.
- EEOC will not pay relocation expenses.
- You may be required to travel and you may be required to apply for a government travel card.
- A background investigation may be required and continued employment is contingent on completion of that process to determine suitability for federal employment.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position. It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence or dishonesty handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474572500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-28
Salary: $42,678 to $55,486 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Series: 0318 Secretary
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: GCATL-17-10026978-039-SJP
Control number: 474572500