Google Sales Engineer Manager, Google Cloud in Atlanta, Georgia
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global data center and software products. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace.
Google Cloud helps employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
As many institutions, agencies and other businesses begin their journey of understanding into how the cloud can be a transformation agent, you and your team become their trusted advisor to facilitate their ability to realize maximum business value from Google Cloud. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
You are a Sales Engineering Manager with excellent technical and organizational skills to join our Cloud sales team. You will lead a team of pre-sales engineers who engage with sales prospects and channel partners to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud technologies and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the sales process. You will lead efforts to drive champion and solution innovation, working across the organization to identify the right assets and tools to drive customer adoption.
Google has been operating one of the biggest cloud computing infrastructures for years and now we're opening up our platform to bring massively efficient cloud services to consumers everywhere. From the startup in a garage to governments crunching big data to the future of enterprise computing, the Google Cloud Platform allows users to take advantage of Google's scale and speed so they can focus development. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Hire, coach and drive a high performance team to deliver against assigned goals while prioritizing an outstanding customer experience to customers and prospects.
- Work with the team to ramp up adoption in the late cycle. Create activities (e.g. identifying and handling key customer technical questions and objections) and develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments and scoping out migration workloads.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team)
- People management experience, managing a team and attracting and growing talent.
- Technical experience with technology and the cloud computing market.
- Master's degree in Computer Science and/or a MBA.
- Understanding of solution architecture within web and mobile environments and technical experience of web/internet related technologies, architecture across SAAS, PAAS and IAAS and competitive cloud productivity suites.
- Ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical audiences, engaging C-Level in business and technology transformation and ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.
- Proven ability to inspire and grow teams to their full potential particularly in sales environment able to influence cross-functional teams to achieve common business objectives.
- Passion for Google Cloud products (G Suite, Google Cloud Platform). Ability to effectively operate with enthusiasm and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Goal oriented, self-motivated individual who is confident, thorough, and tenacious. Analytical, detail-oriented and able to “zoom” in/out from the big picture to the minutiae. Demonstrated organizational and project management capabilities.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.