Compass Group, North America QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR (HOURLY) in Atlanta, Georgia
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR (HOURLY) 7/17/17Georgia-Atlanta South
Refer a Friend
Job ID: MS07171778439Great People. Real Opportunities.Description:
Click here to Learn More about a Career with Bon Appetit
Location: Atlanta, GA (south)
Our Passion is Food!At Bon Appétit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appétit, you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
Working for Bon Appétit Management Company will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
The QA (Quality Assurance) Supervisor (HOURLY) for Bon Appétit Management Company is responsible for assisting in the overall implementation and success of the food quality assurance programs. The job requires an individual who follows and understands the company, the client’s culture and guidelines involving Quality Assurance. Be considered part of the QA Manager’s teams and help with motivating, train, and be considered a resource in these areas for the team to successfully accomplish the objectives of QA toward meeting food sanitation that exist within the account.
• Learn and follow all company and health department regulations that relate to quality assurance and safety.
• Work with managers and supervisors to ensure protocols are met for following proper temperature procedures and other food safety related logs and documentations.
• Work with managers and supervisors to follow a process for example, ensuring all stations have sanitizing buckets that are filled, changed, and are within the proper sanitizing concentration levels. Ensure items such as wiping cloths are stored in sanitizing buckets.
• Work with managers to ensure all supervisors/employees are practicing mandated food safety practices not limited to proper hand washing, glove changes, and keeping personal items away from workstations.
• Conduct audits and work with teams to see for example, that handwashing sinks are properly supplied and the all work areas are clean and in excellent sanitary conditions. In addition, encourage managers/supervisors to monitor that staff are following all quality assurance policies with food handling.
Customer Service and Client Relations
• Exhibit strong communication and follow-up with all requests from customers and clients. Works with the QA Manager on complex requests.
• Represents the company in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer, client and employee interactions
• Immediately reports all comments and complaints regarding food safety to the Quality Assurance Manager
• Interacts with managers, supervisors and hourly employees to help resolve food safety and/or safety issues in a friendly and service oriented manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•A four-year degree in Quality Assurance, Safety, Hospitality or Business is considered a plus. In lieu of a 4-year degree, an A.A. degree with 3 years of related experience in quality assurance and safety. In lieu of a degree, 5-7 years experience working on quality assurance and safety programs within the food industry is preferred.
•2-3 years of relative experience in quality assurance and safety programs preferably in within the food industry or other related business.
• Be Serve-Safe Manager certified.
• Experience and knowledge in hospitality and guest safety programs.
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
•Computer skills using Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and other company applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The ability to successful be certified and pass mandatory online company certifications:
Eco Sure Audit Training/Safety
Preventing Workplace Harassment
Online Wage & Hour Training and Leave of Absence Compliance
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Career LevelManagement (Manager/Director)SectorBon AppetitAreas of InterestFoodservice - EducationEducationAssociate's Degree/2 Year CollegeLocaleGeorgia-Atlanta SouthPreferred LanguageEnglish