Carters/OshKosh Pricing Specialist – Execution Science & Optimization in Atlanta, Georgia
Pricing Specialist – Execution Science & Optimization
- Date Updated:September 15, 2017Job Level:Mid Career (2+ years)
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:5 - 7 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-252288
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in the United States and Canada of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through nearly 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You, Precious Firsts, and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon.com. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's .
- Partner closely with Retail Pricing Admin to help lead the end-to-end Retail pricing process. Execute with precision, and identify opportunities for process improvement through business modeling, data engineering, and the application of statistical science
- Create, build, and maintain partnerships with all levels of the organization - from Merchandising to IT - ensuring a well-coordinated, collaborative, efficient, and accurate approach to pricing
- Build and maintain a collaborative work style with IT / BI partners and 3rdparty vendors and consultants. Ensure adherence to good citizen practices through transparency and focus on details.
- Act as a liaison between merchants, store operations, the field, and technology teams. Lead (and co-lead) regular, cross-functional meetings. Communicate consistently and clearly with all pricing key stakeholders.
- Manage day-to-day tasks across the full spectrum of Retail pricing systems and business processes.
- Manage ongoing maintenance of Retail pricing systems and relationships with internal and external technology partners.
- Design and implement solutions to improve capabilities and performance of the pricing process and technology solutions. Develop automated pricing solutions to reduce pricing workload and risks.
- Develop and manage quick response capabilities for urgent pricing needs.
- Support merchant teams with analytics to assist pricing strategy and execution. Provide pricing support for the buying and planning teams including, but limited to, guidance regarding promotions, timing, discounts, and loyalty.
- Manage supporting activities related to pricing accuracy including, but not limited to, training, user guide development, and reporting.
- Develop and actively manage pricing reports to meet business user needs.
- Prepare and present pricing strategy and execution updates for senior leadership.
- Provide pricing subject matter expertise for Retail initiatives, as needed. Work to educate others on best practices for pricing excellence and the importance of data-driven decision-making.
- Partner with IT to ensure data flow and new user set up works properly across all Retail systems, as well as in the course of supporting larger data initiatives and integrations.
- Develop a testing capability. Frequently test new, progressive pricing concepts, and the means to tie them back to financial impacts.
- Broadly support retail strategic initiatives, as appropriate, based on relevant experience and expertise.
- Provide day-to-day technical and process support for Retail teams related to Forecast Horizon, the AP tool, and any data-related tasks and activities supporting the Pricing departments larger roadmap and initiatives.
- Act in an academic capacity to enshrine within the larger organization a desire for advanced data science techniques, and mentor others interested in developing skills within the discipline
Experience and Skills
Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today