Ultimate Software PAYROLL TAX ANALYST I in Atlanta, Georgia
Ultimate Software is seeking a Payroll Tax Analyst I. I ideal candidate will be customer focused, highly energetic, and experienced individuals to join our team. We strive to deliver exceptional quality service and effective communications with our customers.
The Payroll Tax Analyst I is responsible for providing operational support to the payroll research team and resolve payroll tax amendments for both internal and external customers.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2017 and #7 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #5 on its “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*: *(other duties may be assigned)
- Amend and correct previously filed payroll tax returns on behalf of customers based on adjustments that have been completed.
- Provides the research, analysis and necessary reconciliation to respond to and resolve agency related payroll tax amendments within customer service level agreements
- Interacts with tax agencies, customers and other areas internal to Ultimate Software
- Expected to quickly reprioritize work in order to minimize liability exposure for both the customer and for Ultimate Software
- Provide assistance to Named Tax Representatives (NTRs) as required
- Special projects and additional duties will be assigned on a regular basis
- Demonstrated experience performing payroll tax reconciliations and analysis
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- General accounting experience
- Ability to negotiate positive resolutions with customers and payroll tax agencies
- Proficient working with multiple systems and tools to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently and within a team-based environment
- Ability to solve complex multi-state payroll tax issues
- Experience working with payroll tax filing systems
- CPP accreditation is a plus
- MasterTax experience is a plus
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written
- Excellent follow-up skills with team members
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized and multi-task
- Attention to detail is a must
- AA degree or comparable education and experience preferred
Travel Requirement: None
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Posted: October 12, 2017