Plus One Health Management Onsite Health Promotion Specialist in Atlanta, Georgia
POSITION SUMMARY: This position serves as the face of Optum/Plus One to the client and their employees. The strength of the Onsite Health Promotion Specialist lies in their ability to motivate and engage the employee population in ways that result in positive health and wellness outcomes. This individual will be responsible for the implementation and on-going support to build a Culture of Health for our client, delivering engaging health promotion activities, and increasing employee health ownership. Using data, client/population feedback and population assessment tools the Onsite Health Promotion Specialist will identify opportunities to drive lifestyle awareness and behavior change through increased member engagement.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Implements and follow all Optum/Plus One and Client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
2. Greets clients using a personalized approach and demonstration of P.R.I.D.E and the 5/10 Rule.
3. Responds to client suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to member/guest.
Building a Culture of Health:
4. Utilizes claim and related data to identify areas of greatest opportunity for change. Establish base line and measurement criteria. Report results and demonstrate improvement in base line metrics, including client satisfaction, over time.
5. Using assessment tools provided, audits the physical space, environment and communications promoting healthy behaviors.
6. Interacts on a regular basis with the client's support structure, operational management and engagement team, and Sales and Account Management teams.
7. Manages wellness operational reports i.e., utilization, statistics, and satisfaction.
8. Ensures that all files related to employee participation files and personal information is kept in a secure location compliant with HIPAA regulations.
9. Coordinates wellness related communications and marketing (e-mails, posters, screen messaging, desk-drops, wellness website, etc.).
Delivers Health Improvement Events:
10. Develops, implements and effectively evaluates annual calendar of health improvement programming: Lunch and Learns, booth events, seminars, WebEx events, facilitating the coordination of screenings (health assessments, biometric screenings, gender/age screenings, etc.)
11. Coordinate and facilitate Wellness Champion Network to bring programming to other locations/departments.
Increase Employee Health Engagement and Ownership:
12. Communicate health and behavior change information to non-health personnel by empathizing, motivating, and encouraging people towards healthy change, regardless of culture, religion, economic background.
13. Integrates into the client's environment by building partnerships with internal business units, key vendor partners and leadership.
14. Develops and execute to an established project timeline.
15. Works as an integral member of the Optum/Plus One teams by being familiar with integrated products, programs and services.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in a related field (Health Promotion, Health Education, Business, Management, Psychology, Nutrition, Exercise etc.). Three years of work experience in Health Promotion, Health Management, Human Resources/Organizational Behavior or a related field with demonstrated project management experience. Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants with P.R.I.D.E. Must have excelled organizational skills and have a high attention to detail. Must be able to adapt and flourish in an environment where there is constant change. Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from staff/clients/guests using multiple modes of communication such as email, phone, or in person. Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker. Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: Master's degree in a Health Promotion Management or related field or related certification such as, National Commission for Health Education Credentialing NCHEC certification, WellCert Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES, Registered Dietitian licensure or five years of experience in the industry.