Turner Broadcasting Manager, Financial Analysis in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Manager, Financial Analysis
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
This position will manage CNN Worldwide's Digital businesses, which include Digital's "core" businesses (CNN.com, CNNI.com); Digital's "premium" businesses (CNNMoney, CNN Politics and others); and Digital's "emerging" businesses, including Great Big Story and other new ventures and initiatives. The Manager of Financial Analysis will serve as a key business advisor, contributing value added analysis and advice that will help drive results. The position will also be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities related to planning, coordination and preparation of monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and analysis - and will evaluate performance, identify risks and opportunities, and communicate results.
What will you be doing?
- Meet with senior level management on a regular basis to gain insight into business strategy
- Partner with the accounting team, allocating partners, and others at various levels to ensure a seamless actual/forecast process
- Create innovative, detailed, and complex analyses projects that measure financial and operational performance in ways not captured on basic financial statements.
What do we require from you?
- Undergraduate finance or accounting degree; MBA preferred
- Minimum of seven years experience in financial analysis and financial reporting is required, including budgeting/forecasting and project-based financial analysis work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as well as experience presenting findings to senior level executives.
- Position will be expected to display strong initiative and the ability to work well in a team environment. Advanced MS Office skills are required. Knowledge of Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase, and Peoplesoft Financials are a plus.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.