Emory Healthcare Lab Data Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Title Lab Data Analyst
Job Requisition ID 72767BR
Operating Unit/Division Emory University Hospital
Campus Location Emory University Hospital
Department 370270:EUH Lab Administration
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Work Shift Day
Specific Work Hours 8 AM - 4:30 PM
PRN Position? No
Job Description Primary job duties of this position -
• Configure, test, implement and support existing and future software applications in the healthcare environment.
• Provide support for existing Cerner Millennium.
• Implement software and enhancements
• Develop detailed Unit Test plans, execute tests to verify code developed satisfies design requirements, and update code/configuration based on results.
• Assist with product selection based on identified business/functional requirements
• Provide after-hours on-call service as required to support applications systems
• Associate’s degree in computer science or related field. Two years of experience in providing application level support and analysis OR four years of experience in providing application level support and analysis without a degree
• Hands-on experience working with Cerner PathNet and Cerner Millennium system support desired
• Software implementation experience
• Experience developing and executing software test plans
• Healthcare industry experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (MediumMax 25lbs): up to 25 lbs, 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 25 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
Preferred Qualifications Medical Technologist
EEO/AA/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Employer