Pratt Industries General Manager - Atlanta, GA in Atlanta, Georgia
Pratt Industries' Converting division is seeking a GENERAL MANAGER in the Atlanta, GA office.
Pratt Industries is America’s 5th largest paper and packaging company with more than 4,000 highly skilled employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability. Pratt Industries is one of the largest corrugated packaging companies in America, with sophisticated manufacturing facilities in more than a dozen states. The company operates three of the most modern, cost effective paper mills in the country, as well as a series of sheet and box plants strategically placed throughout the United States offering a wide range of creative packaging solutions. Pratt Industries is committed to recycling and the environment by “harvesting the urban forest."
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.pratthrcentral.com/modules/ApplicantTracking/
You can find this position by using search option 1: Search by Map and choosing Georgia.
Directs and coordinates activities of the Greenville, SC Plant to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing essential duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Responsible for all plant assets, employees and all manufacturing, sales and administrative functions of the Plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
Supervises all Sales Personnel, all Design and Customer Service personnel, Plant Manager and Plant Controller.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Develop and implement annual Profit Plan with action plans for detailed follow-up.
2) Review Plan and provide Variance Report monthly.
3) Monitor external business/economic environment.
4) Participate in long-range planning.
Exercise general supervision over and assume responsibilities for, the administration of all Company policies and programs within the plant.
Values, Climate and Image:
1) Promote the Company image as a competent professional, reputable and ethical Company.
2) Provide a climate for personal growth and achievement in which employees may be innovative and effective.
3) Delegate responsibility and commensurate authority to all key subordinate Supervisors.
1) Maintain an effective plan of organization for the plant with explicit assignment of responsibility through Position Descriptions and Standards of Performance.
2) Provide for and participate in, the training and development of all personnel.
3) Participate in and monitor all labor relations, Safety, Employee Communications Program, Recreation, Employee Benefits and Awards Programs.
4) Maintain effective position descriptions and Standards of Performance.
5) Assure all key positions are properly manned and plant is properly staffed to meet Plan and goals.
6) Monitor all personnel functions to assure adherence to local, state and federal laws.
7) Assure all employee performance is reviewed on an annual basis or as required.
1) Review and control operating cost and expenses on a timely basis.
2) Analyze and evaluate all financial reports and recommend or take necessary steps to provide for adequate control.
3) Recommend and justify all capital expenditures and implement upon approval.
4) Monitor all inventory levels and maintain as directed.
1) Maintain contact with key customers and potential prospects.
2) Monitor sales performance of all personnel.
3) Continue close relationships with specific customers.
4) Analyze market conditions and provide guidance and coordination to meet goals.
5) Administer pricing policies and practices as directed.
6) Through customer contact, evaluate new products and methods and services needed to enhance our market position.
7) Ensure customers quality standards and specifications are achieved as required. Note: S.P.C., F.D.A. ISO, etc.
8) Monitor and control all warehouse and consignment programs.
1) Monitor all facilities and equipment and ensure they are properly maintained and protected.
2) Ensure all production efficiencies, waste, quality and cost, are within planned guidelines and take necessary steps as needed.
3) Ensure proper planning of requirements for all raw materials and supplies consistent with Company policy.
4) Monitor manufacturing schedules based on sales requirements and plant capacity.
5) Recommend and justify equipment, methods and facilities to continue and improve our competitive position within our market.
6) Create an effective safety culture in the plant by ensuring all safety practices and policies are followed, employees are engaged and active in the safety process, all machinery is properly safeguarded and the plant maintains safe working environment.
1) Participate on the Planning and Technical Committees.
2) Continue to work closely with the Vice President of Human Resources and Vice President of Manufacturing and Staff.
Governmental and Legal Compliance:
Assure compliance with E.E.O.C., E.P.A., O.S.H.A., F.D.A., Anti-Trust and other laws and regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Candidates are required to have:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and five or more years of industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates are preferred to have:
1) Loves to Entertain
2) Background in Automotive
3) Background in Graphics and Displays
4) Background in Assembly
5) Strong Manufacturing Knowledge
6) Strong Background in Non-Corr
7) Proven Winner with a Strong Sense of Urgency
8) Strong Sheet Plant experience.
9) Extensive background with HRMS
10) Extensive sales experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.