SunTrust Banks Enterprise Agile Coach in Atlanta, Georgia
Enterprise Agile Coach-W439865
Help establish the deep, institutional capability required to become a truly agile organization, such as establishment of self-organized teams, establishment of a new form of agile leadership amongst management, re-thinking of organizational structures, policies and culture. E.g. capitalization, HR reviews, sourcing and procurement, audit, governance.
The ability to determine how to scale agility beyond the individual team or departmental level, and which components of the different scaling models to adopt. At the same time having a lean mindset that creating processes that are overly bureaucratic or cumbersome are not agile.
Help mobilize communities of practice for specific roles to enable local thought leadership and collaboration.
The ability to understand what business processes are (e.g., Product Development, Customer Fulfillment, Performance Management, Finance, Software Capitalization, SDLC, etc.) and be able to understand business process improvement with agile approaches and supporting tools. Be able to use supporting tools for visualizing, assessing, and prioritizing which business processes to change include Lean Tools (ex. Value Stream Mapping, Theory of Constraints, Kanban), business process mapping and simulation, etc.
Embrace servant leadership and display the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with agile methods.
Employ effective and sustainable approaches to dealing with organizational impediments and change. Knowing when it is appropriate to adapt the agile implementation to move forward vs. when to “stop the line” and address the impediment.
Engage executive teams, whether as coach, adviser, facilitator or teacher. Help leadership teams be more effective, enabling a culture consistent with agile principles.
Facilitate classroom/workshop training for professional levels through management on Agile frameworks, competencies, and methodologies.
Assess the Agile maturity of the teams and coaches to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable.
Understand organizational structure variations such as horizontal, vertical, matrix, functional, hierarchy, network and the different components that comprise them such as reporting relationships/org chart, span of control, job descriptions, team staffing, roles and responsibilities, department structure, governance, and physical and technical office infrastructure.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
• Relevant business process improvement, facilitation, and project management skills within the banking or financial services industry.
• 10 years progressive experience, including 5 years experience in process-related roles and 3 years banking or other financial services experience.
• 5 years of people leadership experience on a project basis.
• Ability to interpret business, technology and architectural requirements and translate into enterprise wide initiatives.
• Strong project leadership skills.
• Skills and experience in leading and managing process assessment (documenting as-is) and process analysis (identifying improvement opportunities and defining future state).
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong skills in Visio along with other MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work through people to get things done especially when dealing with executive level leadership.
• Strong skills and experience in issue resolution and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables.
• Ability to involve and encourage others to explore ways to be part of the change process.
• Ability to actively facilitate the implementation and acceptance of new processes or procedures in the workplace.
• Ability to develop, coach and mentor team members and encourage them to take risks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
• 2-5 years in a coaching or enterprise coaching role in various enterprises
• Preferred: 2-5 years in a delivery role, whether Waterfall or Agile (Scrum Master, Project Manager, Technology Lead, Business Lead, Product Owner, Solution Architect, etc.)
• Experience in creating Agile training / workshop material
• Experience working with large, small, remote and collocated agile teams
• Experience in the use of scaling methods such as SAFe, LESS, or industry equivalents
• At least 1-2 Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST), Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC), Associate or Professional Certified Coach (ACC, PCC), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), or SAFE Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT)
• Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and implementation of Agile transformation strategy
• Solid background utilizing an agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban) in software development
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills, coaching and mentorship experience
• Solid oral, written, and presentation skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated experience with lean thinking
Primary Location: GA-Atlanta Area
Work Locations: Marquis Two
285 Peachtree Center Ave
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your brower: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.