Medtronic Diabetes Territory Manager – Atlanta South in Atlanta, Georgia
Diabetes Territory Manager – Atlanta South
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 days ago
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
The Diabetes Territory Manager (TM) will manage territory base business and growth by promoting, selling, supporting Medtronic Diabetes products and services.
DIABETES BUSINESS DESCRIPTION:
The Diabetes Group at Medtronic is part of Medtronic plc, the global leader in medical technology. We are committed to ongoing breakthrough developments in leading-edge technology, unrivaled service and support, and uncompromising leadership. Medtronic is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care and improving outcomes, so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health. The Intensive Insulin Management Business Unit serves the needs of those with type 1 diabetes and those who use intensive insulin regimens with type 2 diabetes. This business unit is our history and our heritage, and where we have offered a comprehensive approach to improve outcomes and care. We remain committed to innovation so that we can develop an artificial pancreas and close the loop.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
• Conduct sales calls to promote, sell, and service Medtronic Diabetes products and services to existing and potential physicians and patients.
• Implement quarterly sales plan to achieve sales goals and objectives.
• Educate physicians, nurses, educators, and other referral sources regarding the importance of intensive diabetes management and continuous glucose monitoring for patients with diabetes.
• Work directly with patients
• Provide product and therapy technical support and service, including consultation at staff in-services and physician seminars.
• Fiscally manage territory by controlling expenses, product returns, and product inventory.
• Build and maintain relationships with referral sources to establish a solid base of business.
• Assist in establishing the company as the leader in diabetes products in the community by participating in community organizations such as local chapters of ADA (American Diabetes Association), AADE (American Association of Diabetes Educators), JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and patient support groups.
• Coordinate daily support activities and customer activities at meetings as assigned.
• Complete administrative reporting as assigned.
• Utilize approved sales collateral to support promotional and territorial needs.
• Partner with cross-functional teams and internal resources.
MUST HAVE - MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE BE SURE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ARE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of three (3) years field sales experience; or, Minimum of three (3) years internal sales experience with Medtronic Diabetes; or Minimum of two (2) years field clinical experience in a sales environment (i.e. 2 years as a Medtronic DCM)
NICE TO HAVE
• Prior medical device, business to business or pharmaceutical sales experience highly preferred.
• Previous sales award recipient due to strong sales performance (i.e. President’s Club, Rookie of the Year).
• Strong data analysis, evaluation and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of Diabetes products and therapies
• Preference given to local candidates.
• Demonstrable success in previous employment indicated by high level of sales performance.
• Must demonstrate deep understanding of the customer to drive, challenge and push thinking.
• Demonstrated experience in making multiple referral calls on a daily basis.
• Proven job skills in business planning/consulting and territory financial analysis.
• Ability to execute sales strategies in a complex, multi-faceted environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills; team oriented; conceptual/consultative sales skills.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Must successfully complete sales training.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
Travel is required.
Must be able to drive approximately 85% of the time within assigned territory and may require overnight travel. Ability to drive over four hours consecutively.
Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees