Comcast Devplr 4, Application Dev in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for system development, analysis, design, certification, testing, implementation, and documentation of new and existing software applications. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Coordinates design activities with other Developers to ensure project adheres to project specifications, and provides Supervisor and/or Project Manager with level of effort estimations, milestone timelines, and periodic status updates.
- Provides expertise in more than one functional area of technology and provides architecture and design solutions for new applications or application enhancements.
- Manages entire life cycle of most assigned projects.
- Writes application code, develops user interfaces, develops unit test cases and harnesses; creates design, interface, system, and user documentation; tests software and interfaces, supports end-to-end and performance testing, and performs other tasks needed to complete projects.
- Assists in testing and troubleshooting hardware and applications to ensure integration with product deployments.
- Works with Business Partners when developing technical requirements, design, and status regarding production issues.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to junior level Developers and performs regular code reviews to enforce coding standards and quality.
- Develops deployment software and application administration software as well as creates deployment and application support documentation.
- Works within project specifications to meet goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner; raises issues expediently that could impede the project specifications or timelines.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer