Anthem Database Administrator Sr - 131199 in Atlanta, Georgia
/Your Talent. Our Vision./At Anthem, Inc.,it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Database Administrator Sr. is responsible for the full range of Oracle database administration, support activities and detailed analysis.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and support Oracle Database builds based on business requirements.
- Administer Oracle RDBMS versions 12c and 11gR2 on AIX and Exadata platforms.
- Builds Oracle database structures based on detailed design.
- Perform troubleshooting of Oracle Database related issues.
- Implement backup and recovery strategies for Oracle databases.
- Perform backup and recovery using RMAN.
- Provides support during the system implementation and production.
- Suggests new features, coding techniques and reference material.
- Identifies gaps in scripts and procedures. suggests options for implementation of features.
Provides 24x7 production and non-production DBA on-call support.
BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field;
- 5 or more of industry experience required in information systems and 5 or more years of experience in database administration or related disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires detailed business knowledge, detailed technical design knowledge, knowledge of database administration techniques and database administration tools.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others.
- Experience with DBMS performance management and monitoring tools like Toad and 12c/13c Cloud. Proficiency in utilizing DBMS system management tools and implementation of new features and functionality preferred.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.__/
Job Information Technology
Title: Database Administrator Sr - 131199
Requisition ID: 131199