Assurant Business Unit Senior Data Analyst - Atlanta based in Atlanta, Georgia
You will support data initiatives for the business and provide client data support. This job will focus on data management, department reporting and problem resolution. This person will work closely with management and department leads to identify key measures of performance, ensure proper reporting on those is in place and ensure data quality. This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, ability to work on a team environment and from time to time or as business dictates, longer work weeks and extended hours. This position will report to the Manager, Business Technology Operations
- Develop, test and proof of operational reports for the Service Delivery team by working closely with management and department leads to identify key measures of productivity and quality. Examples include user friendly ad hock queries, SharePoint solutions, data files delivered via email and various other reports and delivery methods necessary to run Service Operations.
- Apply analytics to identify trends or patterns that provide insight into the root cause of system failures or process breakdowns.
- Systemize reporting to reduce the manual effort involved in developing reports, running queries, and pushing data out to stakeholders.
- Manage the daily system operations with external technology partner ServicePower which includes project managing any IT issues by acting as the liaison between the Assurant IT department and the external technology partners
- Work closely with management and department leads to identify cost savings opportunities as well as inefficient processes.
Assist the Manager, Business Operations Technology during new client implementations, existing client requests/enhancements and system support projects.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills, with 3-4 years of prior business analysis experience that includes data or reporting analysis with SQL Server, Report Builder, SharePoint and/or SAS experience
- Working experience with web services is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- 2 years' experience in Service Operations is preferred
- Ability (and preference) to work in an agile environment.
- Must be willing to work extended hours when necessary to achieve objectives and goals
- 5% travel required
Job: *Business Analytics/Intelligence
Title: Business Unit Senior Data Analyst - Atlanta based
Requisition ID: 51496