Federal Reserve Bank Audit Manager/ Director in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Summary: *
Directs the activities of a major section of the Audit Department and is also be responsible for a specific department team(s). Through subordinates, assesses the overall condition of operations, evaluates risk and oversees the communication of findings to Bank management and the Audit Committee. Develops and assures execution of the department’s annual business plan based on the risk analysis methodology and staffing analysis; oversees the department’s administration and control functions including budgeting and reporting processes; and develops and ensures compliance with policies and procedures. This individual is responsible for staff training, development and succession planning and manages personnel administration in the department. Leads and influences Federal Reserve System projects and initiatives.
Key Responsibilities: *
- Provides strong management and leadership to financial, operational, and IT audit activities, IT application reviews, liaison activities, and other projects for those Bank operations/functions assigned, based on risk, to achieve most efficient utilization of staff consistent with strategic direction. Through subordinates, assesses the overall condition of assigned Bank operations key risks, emerging trends, and governance issues; communicate relevant risks, emerging trends and governances issues to Bank management and the Audit Committee. This role will provide ongoing communications with Bank management, senior officers, Audit Committee members, and external parties regarding risk management and governance issues.
- Oversees the department’s administration and control functions including budgeting and reporting processes; and develops and ensures compliance with policies and procedures. Evaluates current auditing methodologies and strategies and implements changes and improvements. Directs the department’s analytical and administrative functions including resource and financial budgets, monthly and quarterly reporting to external parties, and reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the organization's businesses and applies this knowledge to initiatives in their area of expertise. Ensures compliance throughout the department with relevant standards (e.g. IIA standards) and various Bank policies and procedures. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of industry initiatives such as COSO, Sarbanes Oxley, ERM and Corporate Governance.
- Directs activities associated with, and may lead and influence Federal Reserve System projects and initiatives.
- Provides leadership development of subordinates as well as developing and executing the department's succession plan. Manages all aspects of the performance of subordinates (i.e., assignment of work, evaluations of performance, performance counseling and adherence to time budgets) as well as identifying and resolving workflow issues and training needs. Responsible for resource allocation and personnel related issues, including the hiring, promoting, and termination of employees. Also responsible for planning and development of salary and incentive plans.
- Assists with the strategic activities of various department initiatives and activities (e.g. business plan succession planning, audit committee) of the Audit Department. Assist with the development and assures execution of the department's annual business plan based on the results of the risk methodology and staffing analyses. Directs the execution of their respective sections of the business plan.
- Oversees special investigations at the request of Senior audit management, Bank management or external parties.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Five to Eight years preferred
Note:The nature of and length of work experience will determine the classification of the position.
Knowledge Area/Technical Skills/Certifications and Licenses: *
- Information Technology
- Business Operations
- Proficient Desktop Computer Skills
Preferred Qualifications: *
- Audit certification such as CIA, CPA CISA
Managerial Competencies: *
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Managerial Courage
- Decision Quality
- Directing Others
- Strategic Agility
- Priority Setting
- Motivating Others
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Communicate Effectively
/T//h//is is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments)./
/ The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer. /
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Title: Audit Manager/ Director
Requisition ID: 251122