RELX Group Sr Quality Test Engineer in Alpharetta, Georgia
Sr Quality Test Engineer
Category: IT/Technical & Product Development
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Senior Quality Test Engineer
As a member of the RBI Technology Department based in FlightGlobal’s Alpharetta office you will be responsible for ensuring adherence to QA best practice, contributing to consistent delivery of high-quality software that meets business needs.
This position has a wide range of responsibilities in collaboration with the FlightGlobal Software Development team, ensuring that the local technology team are in alignment with broader RELX group initiatives and best practice.
The suitable candidate will have demonstrable skills and experience in setting up, managing and continuously improving QA team, working in an agile environment. As well as a solid QA background, the candidate must be technically competent, able to understand the intricacies of a complex enterprise and where QA processes and techniques including automation can add the most value.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to add test cases to requirements in collaboration with BAs
- Experience in writing test strategies and test plans
- Experience in mentoring other QAs
- Testing of user interfaces and business logic
- Hands-on experience developing test scripts using Core Java
- Experience of creating BDD style acceptance criteria (Given/When/Then format)
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Strong expertise in test automation using tools like Selenium, TestNG, JUnit
- Ability to identify definitive examples of test defects to development staff, including suggested root causes, as required
- Performs operation support and validation tasks as required, including post-maintenance validation activities after any maintenance or upgrade activities occur
- Develops and implements regression test plans and strategies, with the understanding that others may be called upon to assist with regression activities
- Candidate must possess SQL knowledge, database testing, and testing applications that generates files with massive sets of data
- Performance testing experience
- Cross browser and cross device testing including desktop, mobile and tablet
- Good understanding of Version control and Deployments
- Experience in prioritizing bugs, managing test environments, estimating stories and organizing UAT across multiple work streams as QA lead.
- Self-starter, looking to own key operational systems and continually advance and develop processes, procedures & documentation
FlightGlobal Alpharetta perks
- One day work from home option
- Company provided developer class laptop
- Two on-premise cafeterias
- Gym access with exercise programs
- In-office dry cleaning drop-off and pick-up
At Reed Business information (RBI) we provide information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI people are driven by an environment focused on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of RELX, a leading global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . EEO is the Law . EEO is the Law Supplement
RBI General Benefits Package
- 401k match of 5%
- 18 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Benefits start the upon hire date
- Excellent OTE & Competitive Salaries