Cisco Software Engineer : Lancope Stealthwatch in Alpharetta, Georgia
Software Engineer : Lancope Stealthwatch
- Location: Alpharetta, Georgia, US
- Area of Interest Engineer - Software
- Job Type Professional
- Technology Interest Security
- Job Id 1204572
Software Engineer - Stealthwatch
What You'll Do
You will build security detection system for our customers using current technologies. You will make technology choices and put them into practice. You will be an active learner and work with your team to deliver innovative security software solutions (not writing shelfware) for our customers. You will be part of a strong collaborative Agile/Scrum team. You will be challenged and have the opportunity to play to your strengths. Individuality in a team environment reflects the culture you will need to support. You will be helping our customers protect what's important from cyber threats. You will be challenged in working to solve some tough engineering problems using some of the latest tools, technologies and approaches. You will get to leverage your strengths and have the opportunity to master existing skills and learn new ones. You will look to apply lean startup principles to validate the growth and value potential in all that we do.
Making the world a safer place. Big company resources w/ small company culture/feel.
Who You'll Work With
You will work on strong cross functional teams that own their outcomes. We believe in building strong teams and look for people that feel the same. You and your teammates believe in healthy discussions around ideas and how to deliver quality solutions to our customers. You will be part of a small team that engages in unfiltered conflict around ideas. You will be part of an established but fast-growing organization that continues to thrive in the security industry. You will follow our solutions with your team to our customers and will work with the people and departments on the way to ensure success. You and your team will hold one another accountable for delivery. We are not satisfied until the customer's problem is solved. The team will focus on achievement of collective results. The team is willing to experiment and adapt. Where forks in the road are approached, they will use data to drive their decisions.
Who You Are
A disciplined, practitioner of sound software engineering practices. You posses excellent verbal communication skills and are willing to pitch in and help the team to succeed. Strong technical and analytical skills. Java. Linux. Scala (in the absence of experience, a healthy interest and curiosity in alternative languages). You have working knowledge of networking theory (TCP/IP) or strong desire to learn it. Technologies like Docker, microservices, distributed systems and TDD are part of your skillset or have a strong desire to learn them. You posses an inner level of confidence that allows you to lead some days and follow others based on what is needed for the desired outcomes. You are an active learner on a journey to solve problems for our customers. You collaborate with other engineers and people in the organization to improve our solution delivery. You believe in Lean/Agile principles and actively work to incorporate them in the organization. You have skills in Functional Programming + Object Oriented Programming and have the ability to pick the right tool for the right job. You also have experience or passion big data, streaming analytics and continuous delivery.
- At least 7 years professional experience
- A solid understanding of core Java programming and run-time principles and fundamentals
- Strong object orientated software design and development skills
- An understanding of application performance tuning and resource usage
- Familiarity with a Linux or UNIX runtime environment
- A solid understanding of architectural principles such as Layering, Inversion of Control and Separation of Concerns
- Knowledge of IP networking and security is preferred
- Experience with solving complex design problems around large data sets.
- At least 4 years of experience of Linux development.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols and tools a plus
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker a plus.
- Success in an Agile Scrum environment in support of a continuous product delivery
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Network Security or Information Technology domain space.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.