New York Life Insurance Company SENIOR ASSOCIATE, Zone Regional Manager in Alpharetta, Georgia
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Senior Associate, Zone Regional Manager is responsible for the effective implementation of the Latino Market strategy, tactics, and programs geared to achieve continuous growth in recruiting, manpower, Life Cases, and Life First year commissions in the territory and General Offices assigned. Total ownership and accountability in the implementation of all programs in the assigned area is required. Responsibilities include:
Team management and Supervision
• Responsibility for team performance, management, and supervision with regards to all measureable indicators such as recruiting activity, timely implementation of monthly and quarterly LM sales and recruiting activities.
• Implementation of performance expectations. Conduct and record weekly PRP meetings with direct reports to assess activity, progress, and results, as well as provide direction, coaching and positive reinforcement as needed.
Business Management and Reporting
• Ongoing ownership and analysis of Latino Market recruiting, sales, and manpower indicators including pipeline analysis and forecasting for the assigned area.
• Responsible for team’s accurate, timely, and thorough tracking and reporting of daily, weekly, and monthly activity such as GOLD system daily and weekly tracking.
• Responsible for timely and accurate management of territory and GO budgets as well as expense forecasting, reconciliation, and documentation.
Field Development and Management Relationships
• Maintain ongoing relationships with Field Managers in all GOs in the assigned area, gain commitment and follow-up routinely on progress towards goals and activities in both Senior Associate and territory assigned.
Field Development of Greenfield Offices
• Work with the Latino Market Zone Manager and the Management Teams of the target GOs to create the action plan. He or she will oversee the day-to-day implementation of tactics that result in increased candidate flow, case rate generation and other sales activities, and incremental manpower in the Latino Market i.e 1. Assessment of Assigned General Offices or Territory and Relationship Building in the Latino Market, 2. Implement Nominating, Centers of Influence, Recruiting, and Candidate Engagement Activities, 3. Implement Sales, Marketing, and Agent Development Activities.
• Bachelor Degree required/and or equivalent business experience.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Portuguese a plus.
• Recruiting and sales management experience. Life Insurance sales experience and Life and Health license a plus.
• Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to navigate complex computer systems and programs.
• Event planning and project management skills are required.
• Thorough knowledge and experience of Agency systems, sales process and production factors in a Life Insurance sales environment.
• Able to demonstrate strong networking, prospecting, selling and marketing skills.
• Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
• Must be comfortable conducting seminars and presentations.
Problem Solving: Ability to gather, format, and interpret Field activity, pipeline, and results data. Work with field management to identify obstacles and areas of opportunity to create plans to achieve goals. Capable of listening to a problem and making it a win-win situation for all of the individuals involved. Emotional intelligence is a must. Analyzing performance data for direct reports to identify development opportunities or gaps in the process.
Decision Making/ Nature of Impact: Receives direction from the Zone CVP of the Latino Market and Unit’s management team. Has the ability to make decisions within the guidelines set by the Home Office and Latino Market.
Communication Requirements: Ability to conduct productive difficult conversation to create positive situations. Ability to analyze complex
concepts and explaining them in a simple manner. Ability to take direction and implement systems to help direct reports achieve goals. Responsible for constant communication and coordination with the following stakeholders: Direct to Zone CVP of Latino Market, Head of Cultural Markets and Hispanic Market Initiative, GO Management Teams, Target agents and Senior Associates.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
- Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.