nThrive Patient Access Service Representative in Alpharetta, Georgia
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Job ID 2017-19166
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
Job Location US-LA-Metairie
Hours Per Week 40
Under general supervision the Patient Access Services Representative is responsible for the registration of patients, including patient interviews, updating hospital computer, obtaining consent, and accuracy of patient and billing information. This position handles routine patient inquiries and issues and works closely with other areas including hospital departments and physician offices. Also greets patients and processes them through to the appropriate area. Patient Access Specialist II provides patient financial resource screening for Medicaid, Affordable Care Act, and hospital sponsored financial programs as appropriate.
- Interviews patients in person or by phone to obtain all required information for hospital records and billing systems. Registers or Pre-registers all scheduled patients for admission, partial hospitalization, and outpatient services according to department policies and procedures.
- Obtains patient's and/or responsible party's signatures on registration and issues required information to patients/ responsible party concerning Advanced Directives, Privacy, Medicare and required other compliance or consent forms.
- Verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorization for all services requiring pre-certification. Takes appropriate steps following department guidelines when required authorization is not available
- Determines upfront payment or deposit based on the patient's third party coverage and requests following department scripting for POS collections. Logs payment, produces receipt and prepares deposit records according to cash handling policy and procedure.
- Maintains an awareness of patient level of comfort during wait. Clinical staff if the patient is unable to wait.
- Promotes a positive image to patients, visitors and physicians by adhering to the MedAssets+precyse Core Values of Courage, Authenticity, Respect, Excellence, and Service.
- Able to perform duties in a stressful environment that may require long periods of sitting, standing or walking to interview patients and process information. The environment may include alarms, occasional loud noises, bright lights and flashing lights. Lift and/or move objects up to 15 pounds is required. Each employee has the responsibility to maintain a clean environment and work in a safe manner at all times.
- May prepares charts and paperwork for patient visits. Places identification wristband on patient and follows hospital patient safety procedures for patient identification at all times.
- Performs clerical functions as needed, including answering phones, taking messages, chart processing, filing, faxing, etc. Assists patients with questions regarding hospitals bills including taking payments at any registration location.
- Screens patient for Medicaid, Affordable care Act or hospital sponsored financial program and provide appropriate documentation and referral. Explains payment options to patient and enrolls in payment plan as appropriate. May provide bedside financial counseling services as appropriate to patient type and location. May provide collection support by telephone for patient balances after discharge.
- High School Degree required
- Requires 1 year experience in Patient Access Department and the following criteria: meets expectations or higher on most recent performance evaluation, no active performance improvement plan or disciplinary action in most recent 6 month period. May substitute requirements for 2 years' experience in patient access, HIM or billing department at another hospital or medical office.
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse, Equation and Adreima, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
nThrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class.