Crowder Constructors Inc Heavy Equipment Operator in Acworth, Georgia
Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Operates heavy equipment including, but not limited to, dump truck, loader, trackhoe, backhoe, tamper, water truck and bulldozer.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate a variety of vehicles and large heavy equipment while performing maintenance and repairs on roads and right-of-ways including loading, hauling and dumping on smooth to extremely rough surfaces.
- Load gravel, dirt and sand; smooth and grade roads; spread rock and gravel.
- Trench and construct ditches for installation of culverts, water pipes and sewer pipes; remove silt and debris.
- Make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment while in the field.
- Knowledgeable of equipment in respect to checking and maintaining all fluid levels and lubrication.
- Assist other crafts when equipment is not in use.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- In some cases, may need the ability to read engineering drawings
- Practice good safety habits
- Possess skill in road construction and heavy equipment operation
- Follow instructions and meet set standards
- Judge distances and slopes accurately
- Make decisions based on verifiable standards
- Must have five (5) years of experience safely operating equipment such as dump truck, loader, trackhoe, backhoe, tamper, water truck and bulldozer.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.